I have allergies and live by a freeway and I will have to tell you that the best investment I ever made was in an air purifier. Not only does it remove the allergens that drive me crazy at night but it also removes dust and pollutants from that freeway that would otherwise be a concern.
Below you’ll find finalists in my recent search for the best. Ultimately I went with the Honeywell because it’s so well known and highly rated by allergy sufferers like myself. Be warned that price also played a role in the rankings. I would have gone with the high end 7 stage filter if money wasn’t an issue.
Best Air Purifiers/Filters
|Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300||Check Price|
|Honeywell HPA060 True HEPA Compact Tower Allergen Remover, 75 Sq Ft||Check Price|
|PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier - 3 Speeds Plus UV-C Air Sanitizer||Check Price|
|GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA Filter, UV-C Sanitizer, Allergen and Odor Reduction, 22-Inch Air Purifier||Check Price|
|Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier, 390 sq. ft.||Check Price|
|Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Carbon Filter||Check Price|
|MBM IDEAL TOP OF THE LINE MEDICAL GRADE AP100 AIR PURIFIER WITH 7-STAGE FILTRATION SYSTEM||Check Price|
Common Purifier Considerations
- HEPA Filter – Aka high efficiency particular air filter
- Square Foot Rating – Aka what size room can it handle?
- Electrostatic or Traditional – Does it use a physical filter or does it use an electrostatic capturing method?
- Activated Carbon – Does it use activated carbon to absorb ordors from the air?
- UV-C Lamp – Does it use a UV lamp to kill/damage pathogens?
- CADR – Aka clean air delivery rate. How fast does it filter the air?
- Ionic – Does it add ions to the air?
- Size – Compact, Tower, Furnace, Ceiling, etc.